Ingredients I used:
1 medium squash
1 red pepper
2 small onions
3 small carrots
2 large tomatoes
A handful of cherry tomatoes
1 small chilli (to taste)
Water (If you only use a small amount you wont need stock, if you prefer your soup less thick use stock to prevent the flavour being diluted)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Peel and remove the seeds from the squash.
- Wash and remove the seeds from the pepper
- Peel the carrots
- Chop the carrots, onions, pepper and squash and place on a baking tray.
- Place the vegetables in the oven for 1 hour.
- Place the roasted vegetables in a slow cooker (or casserole dish) with the tomatoes, chilli and enough boiling water to nearly cover the veg.
- Cook on a medium heat for 3 hours.
- Blend the soup and serve