When you have children and it's a rainy weekend you have two options: go out in the rain or stay at home and find entertainment. Today we chose to stay in.
One of our cats is at the vets recovering from an operation to unblock his bladder and the weather is pretty miserable so I decided I needed some chocolate brownies to cheer me up and I let M bake some for me. Much as I would love a Fun pod I can't afford one, but I have discovered M can use our fold up steps to reach to help me cook.
Dairy Free Chocolate Brownie Recipe
1/2 cup oil
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder (I use Green & Blacks)
1/2 cup plain flour
(I have the Joseph Joseph Nest of stacking bowls which has measuring spoons included which makes it easier to do recipes by volume than weight)
1) Preheat oven to 200c (fan oven)
2) In a large bowl stir together the oil and sugar, vanilla and eggs
3) In a separate bowl mix the baking powder, cocoa powder and flour
4) Fold the dry ingredients into the larger bowl until mixed.
5) Pour into a small tin (I used a deep round cake tin as I don't have a small square one, it shouldn't need greasing)
6) Cook for about 20 mins
7) Leave to cool, remove from tin, eat.