The Boba Air is the latest offering in the trusted and popular Boba family. It is a soft structured carrier with a difference: it's super light and compact.
|Being black it doesn't photograph well|
- It's tiny. How many carriers can you fit through your letter box?
- It folds away in to a pouch which doubles up as a pocket while you are wearing the carrier
- It's super light weighing in at only 400 grams!
- It makes a brilliant emergency carrier as you can stick it in your bag and it takes up hardly any space.
- It's 100% nylon which is great if it's wet as it won't absorb the rain. It also makes it easy to wipe clean
- It does front and back carries
- It has a sleep hood which will help keep off sun or rain as well as aid sleep
- As it is suitable for babies and toddlers from 7 to 20kg you can get a lot of use out of it
- There is no padding, which isn't surprising as it's so compact, but it does make it less suitable for all day wear
- I found the buckles dig in a bit, but I think with a bit of adjustment I should be able to reduce this
- It comes in any colour as long as it's black
- It's a little tricky to get on in a back carry because the straps are so light it's hard to scoot it round, but a helping hand or practise should resolve this
|In the bag, which turns in to a pocket|
If you want to wear your baby or toddler all day you will want something more padded (or a wrap), but for occasional use this is brilliant. As my daughter is starting to walk and outright refuses to go in the buggy at times I can have the Boba Air with me all the time just in case I need to carry her. It's light, it's compact, it looks smart and at £49.99 it's a good price for a well designed carrier from a trusted brand.